Two years went into development of the moonphase. Felipe's philosophy of using traditional methods meant that time had to be spent on testing different crafting methods to find the most suitable way. As a result, the moonphase is Felipe's first watch with a completely handmade complication. It is the first step towards his goal of creating a completely self-developed and handmade movement.
All complication parts such as the gears, pinions, rivets, and the bridge which holds the moon, are made to perfection using only traditional watchmaking skills.
The dial is partly skeletonized to reveal the complication. Decorated with hand engravings, frosting, and beveled edges, it features a variety of finishing techniques.
The chapter ring has a black mirror polish with eastern arabic numerals. On the finished watch you can choose between Breguet, Arabic, Roman, or Chinese numerals. The moon features a dark side that is black rhodium plated, and the bright side which is white rhodium plated.
Technical development aside, the biggest challenge was to fit the large three dimensional moon into the case without having to increase the thickness. For this reason, Felipe placed the moon in the middle of the mechanism. The moon is 0.4mm thicker than the movement and closes perfectly with the dial.
The movement is hand-scored and then sawn, filed, and finished. The balance cock is hand engraved. The bridges on the prototype are brushed. On the finished watch the bridges will be frosted.
Other fine details:
- Diameter 41.0mm
- Thickness 10.5mm
- Lug to lug 50.0mm
- Handmade strap in 20.0mm
- Power reserve 50 hours
- Frosted rhodium plated brass dial
- Handmade half polished and half frosted hands
- Felipe Pikullik logo ceramic inlay in the crown
- 5 year warranty
- warranty extends with service for 5 years
|Partly skeletonized, with hand engraving, frosting, and beveled edges. Frosted rhodium plated brass dial.
|Manual winding with extensive customization to allow the moon phase to fit
– Due to security restrictions, delivery is not available on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. Thus, we do not dispatch on Fridays or a day before public holidays.
– Allow 2-4 business days for delivery. We will notify you where there is any delay in shipping; we use a third-party logistics company and these delays are outside our control.
– All shipments are insured; we do not deliver to PO boxes. Unless prior written agreement is made, your signature is required upon delivery.
– Where the parcel is damaged or the seal not intact, please contact us immediately.